Monday, June 18, 2012

Walking Through the Universe

I can't remember when my liking for organizing events and bringing people together started. Probably it was pretty early, when I realized that every time I thought I had found something cool, I felt the need to share it with everyone around me. 


I guess being a Couch Surfer has helped me a lot, too. By hosting people, I got confronted with so many questions and stories that I started exploring my surroundings anew, often realizing for the first time in ages how beautiful Switzerland and especially Zurich are. 


A while ago, I had two couch surfers from the United States and when they asked me about a nice hike for a Sunday afternoon, I recalled a pretty cool little walking tour, called "Planetenweg" (Planet trail), which starts at the Uetliberg train station and goes all along the hilltops until Felsenegg, which is above Adliswil. From there you can take the gondola down and the S4 back to town. The whole walk takes about 1h 20min and leads you through nice meadows with cows on them (sadly they don't have horns, which gives them, although useful, still a pretty dumb look)... What makes this way special is the fact that it is a true to scale miniature of our solar system. You start at the sun which is about 100m away from the train station and you end at Pluto (yay, it's still part of the Planetenweg!) near Felsenegg. So also if you have children visitors, this is definitely something worth doing if the weather is nice yet not too hot and you have a couple of hours to spend.


Unfortunately I have no pictures of the Planetenweg itself, but check out here to find some more information.


I know, there's more to write about and I've been very busy organizing the b-day event lately (and helping others organize events, too), so I'll hopefully soon catch up with a few cool news including pictures :). Hope this one is at least somewhat useful :)


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment