Friday, April 27, 2012

Pear and Ginger, Rimini and Asparagus P

About a week ago I bought 10 pears because I wanted to try another chutney, one that I didn't have a recipe to. My plan was to create a chutney that contains the same spices and therefore tastes a bit like my fabulous "Upside-Down Pear and Ginger Cake". (The recipe is somewhat secret but then it isn't because it's from a cook book. But a secret cook book.)
And I found out: Chutneys are fun. I just threw in what I thought could match the taste and let it simmer for a few hours... And now i got (only) two twist off glasses full of something that seems to be pretty close to what I expected. I just have no Idea what to eat it with. I guess when opening one of the glasses I'll also scatter some walnuts over the served amount because that's part of the cake and it would go well with it. 


Rimini Bar
Completely different subject now. Last night I went to the season start of Rimini Bar with some friends. For those who are new to Zurich, or haven't heard of it yet, it's a bar that opens only in summer because it's all outside. And of course only when it's nice. Usually it's being announced on their website as well as their facebook page, so if you're not sure whether the weather will allow it to be open, just check one of those pages. 


(Disclaimer: The following text is meant as a purely scientific matter and therefore I refrain from any accusation of being disgusting.)


What is it about asparagus?
... And how on earth did we end up discussing asparagus pee? Well, it's asparagus season. So it must have something to do with that. And I found out that I was fundamentally wrong about something. First of all, there's about half the population on this planet that doesn't know this issue, and it is because they are MISSING a gene that produces an enzyme that splits the chemicals so they stink. This makes me wonder. If they are missing a gene, I assume that there has to be a replacement gene for that. And I think they can make themselves invisible. I've rarely ever met a person who doesn't know the issue, and if half the population belongs to this group, WHERE THE HELL are they?? 










(Come on, it's Friday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment