Monday, April 30, 2012

Everything Crystal Clear?

For once something to do outside of Zurich. If you happen to have like half a day off and don't know what to do, there's a pretty cool glass factory called Glasi Hergiswil, obviously situated in Hergiswil at the Lake of Lucerne (which is, in case you didn't know, worth a trip itself) 



The factory gives you the opportunity to play with glass, find out about its properties and uses and why it's an incredibly cool material. If you're heat resistant you can even go and blow your own glass bowl! The whole exhibition and watching area in the factory is free, the only things that cost are the glass museum (CHF 7.-), making your own glass bowl (CHF 15.-) and the worth-every-cent glass labyrinth (CHF 5.-). Christian and me spent like 20 minutes in there and took funny and mystical pictures of an army of ourselves. Look:





The following day I went into my kitchen and discovered that somehow there was a bunch of ants making their way into my kitchen through the window. (I don't know if it's a good thing that my chutneys got famous in ant colonies...?) Of course, that caused a whole afternoon of spring cleaning. I think the following technique is pretty effective: Grab a big bag and instead of wanting to clean the room, you set the aim to fill the bag... Worked with my wardrobe, too. I wonder now if I should announce a girls-night clothes-swap party or give it to charity ... ?


The ants seem to have vanished now that I have set a trap for them. The only downside of this whole thing is now that the rest of my apartment compared to the kitchen looks like...
Guess that means 'nuff said, gimme that damn cleaning cloth. And a dust mask, if you're at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment