Friday, April 20, 2012

The Herbal Mystery

As mentioned earlier, I'm on my sidequest to gather some herbs. So last night, I went to this nature pharmacy to ask for them. For some unknown reasons I ended up talking about dry skin and walked out with some skin oil. Talking about ADD...


Nevermind, I managed to get the information I needed. The friendly sales assistant reminded me of a place I've known for ages but had totally forgotten about for some reason. There is, luckily, still a place in Zurich that knows all about herbs, teas, tinctures and potions. The Berg-Apotheke at Stauffacher runs a selection of over 2'000 diffrerent herbs and spices from all over the world, for example Indian Ayurveda (haha, I spelt it right without peeking) herbs or Chinese ... uh ... Everything herbs. And spices. I guess in China they don't really make a difference between food and medicine. At least in ancient China. But that's ok, because the Berg-Apotheke seems to be an ancient place, too. So i figured that if there was a place to find gentian root, sarsaparilla and horehound, that would be it. 

Stepping into the store, i had to rub my eyes.

(D'oh...those %&$#?@ chilies!) 

To give you an idea about the Berg-Apotheke:


And amazingly, they got literally every single one of the ingredients I needed!

Now I guess this weekend once again I will discover new flavors and be part of a pretty impressive creation :). Rhubarb Bitter. How cool's that! Well, it's Friday, so I guess the only thing left to do after completing my little side quest, is to go out! I'll keep you posted about the processes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment