Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sugar explosion

Whoa. Okay. Breathe..


Note to self: if warming up sugar, don't put water in the same pan. The crystal figure looked impressive, though. Damn, should have taken a pic. I might just do it again and... maybe not.


So I'm trying this mango passion fruit chutney, which sounds amazing but first of all the recipe is FULL of traps. Apart from that mean sugar deathtrap, there are the mangoes. It says: "Peel the mangoes and pit them." 


Right. 


Seriously, who invented those mango pits? They are like stuck axes in wet wood. And I guess I know how the guys felt who tried to get King Arthur's sword out of the rock. I somehow managed to scrap some of the edible away, carefully focusing on not cutting my fingers, because mangoes tend to become extremely slippery when being attacked by a knife.


After that, I enjoyed a ginger bear. But had to kill it soon...


...in order to create this: (there are A LOT of chilies in there. I just hope I'm not going to scratch my eyes in the next like... 24 hours.)
So, 20-30 minutes later...
Success! It's pretty spicy but oh this is goood!
Darn. just scratched my eye.

(Now if anybody wants to try the recipe, you can find it here, although it's in German. And if you try it, remember the traps.)

No comments:

Post a Comment